Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Doctor's Visit

"Surprise, surprise, surprise," as Gomer from Mayberry would say.  I was worried about my visit to the doctor.  I expected a fight.  Luckily, I have a new nurse who is indifferent.  She agreed to help me get off the medication and she didn't tell the doctor so there was no fight.  I told her if she wanted to cover her A_ _ she should tell him but if she wanted to avoid a fight, keep it to herself.  She chose to keep it to herself.

I don't understand how a nurse can write prescriptions without the doctor signing off on them.  She said he printed pads with their names on them so they could sign the prescriptions on their own.  Does that mean all I would have to do is get pads printed with whatever name I wanted?  Could I fake a DEA number?  Who checks that?  How long could you go with a fake pad and write prescriptions before someone figured out they were fake?  I wonder.  Anyway, back to me. 

The nurse and I agreed to continue decreasing the dosage on topiramate until I am completely off it.  Now my dosage is 150 mg a day.  I have been stepping down every two weeks but I think by stepping down in smaller increments, i.e. 50 mg., I can take a step every week.  We will see how the side effects are.  I will try to post more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment